Christian group to spend $40 million to turn out vote, Update on SEALs lawsuit against Pentagon’s COVID-shot mandate, Apostasy charges dropped against four Sudanese Christians

It’s Wednesday, September 21st, A.D. 2022. This is The Worldview in 5 Minutes heard at I’m Adam McManus. (

By Jonathan Clark

Apostasy charges dropped against four Sudanese Christians

Praise God! A court in Sudan dropped apostasy charges against four Christian men on September 8th.  Our prayers have been answered!

Officials in the northeastern African nation originally arrested the Christians  in June and subjected the converts from Islam to degrading treatment while questioning them.

In July, a prosecutor told the Christians they would face the death penalty if they did not renounce their faith and stop praying and evangelizing. The men refused and received apostasy charges.

Thankfully, the charges have now been dropped. However, the church attended which these believers had attended has now shut down. Three other churches also shut down in the area this year in the face of threats and violence from Muslims.

Jesus said in Matthew 10:32-33, “So everyone who acknowledges Me before men, I also will acknowledge before My Father who is in Heaven, but whoever denies Me before men, I also will deny before My Father who is in Heaven.”

Ukraine retook 3,000 square miles back from Russians

Ukraine reports it has retaken over 3,000 square miles of Russian-occupied territory since the beginning of this month.

However, areas still under Russian control in Ukraine announced plans to vote this week on becoming part of Russia as the Kremlin’s advances in Ukraine have stalled.

The Luhansk, DonetskKherson, and Zaporizhzhia provinces of Ukraine plan to vote on joining Russia over the next week. 

Update on SEALs lawsuit against Pentagon’s COVID-shot mandate

A lawsuit brought by 35 active-duty U.S. SEALs against the Pentagon’s COVID-shot mandate is still ongoing.

Fox News reports a new filing in the lawsuit shows the U.S. Navy quietly rolled back an order in May that punished SEALs who refuse to get a COVID shot for religious reasons. 

First Liberty Institute is representing the SEALs in the case that has been extended to all Navy service members seeking a religious exemption to the COVID-shot mandate. 

Mike Berry with First Liberty warned the military is trying to weed out religious service members with the mandate.

BERRY: “This is a giant rubber stamp denial process. And really what it is it’s an ideological litmus test. They don’t want anybody of faith to serve in our military.  First Liberty has been saying this from Day One.”

Christian group to spend $40 million to turn out vote

As the November midterm elections draw closer, one Evangelical political advocacy nonprofit plans to spend about $40 million to mobilize the Christian vote.

The Faith & Freedom Coalition plans to hit 8 million doors across 24 states this election cycle as Republicans try to regain control of the U.S. House and Senate, reports The Christian Post.

Thirty-six governorships and 80% of state legislative seats are also up for grabs this election.

Polling predictions from the FiveThirtyEight Deluxe Model gives Republicans a 71% chance of winning the House and only a 29% chance of winning the Senate

Lifemark, the Christian pro-adoption movie, is #2!

Kirk Cameron’s new adoption-themed film “Lifemark” is now No. 2 at the box office! As of yesterday, the film has brought in over $4.3 million.

Audiences loved the pro-life movie so much that over 1,000 theaters asked to keep running it for another week, through Thursday, September 22. Watch the trailer and get your tickets today!

Produced by the Kendrick Brothers, the film celebrates the blessing of adoption through the true story of Louisiana native David Scotton which was initially told in a 30-minute documentary entitled “I Lived on Parker Avenue.”

Survey: More Evangelicals embracing secular worldview

And finally, Ligonier Ministries and LifeWay Research released their 2022 State of Theology survey.

The survey found U.S. adults are increasingly rejecting the accuracy of the Bible while increasingly embracing unbiblical views of sexuality.

Even Evangelicals are increasingly rejecting biblical doctrines of Christ and Scripture. More Evangelicals are also embracing a secular worldview on issues like homosexuality and so-called “gender identity.”

You can view the survey through a special link in our transcript today at

The survey concluded by saying, “the people of God must continue to obey the Great Commission by communicating the whole counsel of God in biblical evangelism and discipleship. The need is great, but the power and promises of God can equip the church to bring truth and light to a deceived and dark world.”

The Apostle Paul said in Acts 20:27-28, “I did not shrink from declaring to you the whole counsel of God. Pay careful attention to yourselves and to all the flock, in which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to care for the church of God, which He obtained with His own blood.”


And that’s The Worldview in 5 Minutes on this Wednesday, September 21st, in the year of our Lord 2022. Subscribe by iTunes or email to our unique Christian newscast at Or get the Generations app through Google Play or The App Store. I’m Adam McManus ( Seize the day for Jesus Christ.